The magic crochet ring is a basic to know when you want to create Amigurumis.
It can have several names: the magic ring or magic circle.
Here is a video with the instructions for making the magic crochet circle to help you:
To continue I offer you the step by step instructions to make the magic circle in crochet, with photos. (Accessible to right-handed).
The necessary equipment
A ball of cotton or wool and a hook of the size corresponding to the yarn.
- Pinch the thread between your thumb and forefinger, turn the thread through the back of the fingers to pass it in front (Pic1).
2. Insert the hook under the thread, to find the one that is furthest to the left (Pic2).
3. Then pass the yarn in front (Pic 3).
4. Hook yarn and pull through loop (Pic 4 & 5).
The ring is closed! (Pic 6)
To continue, we will now make a row of 6 single crochet.
5. Grab the yarn from the under the circle (Pic 7 & 8).
6. You have 2 loops on your hook (Pic 9).
7. Hook yarn and pull through the 2 loops (Pic 10).
8. Repeat this last step to make 5 more single crochet in the ring (Pic 11).
9. Pull yarn tail gently to close ring securely (Pic 12).
10. Insert the hook in the 1st single crochet. Hook yarn and pull through the 2 loops (Pic 13). Your ring is closed! (Pic 14).